Wednesday, December 15, 2010

OWM ‘Best of 2010’

So, I’ve mad a list of my personal high rotations for this year.

This isn’t to say that these are the most critically acclaimed works but more what I have enjoyed the most, I can’t be bothered to re-list a Pitchfork countdown to appear noble amongst hipster folk, Take it or leave it, this is what I’ve been listening to this year.

TOP 5 ALBUMS OF 2010

  • High Violet - The National
  • My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West
  • The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
  • The Fool - Warpaint
  • Halcyon Digest - Deerhunter

Close but no cigar: Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love, Tame Impala - InnerSpeaker, FOALS - Total Life Forever, Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record and many more I’ve acquired too late to really fall in love with just yet.

TOP 5 SONGS OF 2010

  • Conversation 16 - The National
  • Ready To Start - Arcade Fire
  • You Got the Dirtee Love - Florence and the Machine feat. Dizzee Rascal
  • Hell of a Life - Kanye West
  • Eyes Wide Open - Gotye

Close but no cigar: Heavy Harm - Papa VS Pretty, Suburban War - Arcade Fire, Whip My Hair - Willow Smith (or the Neil Young and Boss cover), I’m Not In Love - Crystal Castles feat. Robert Smith, Fuck You - Cee Low Green

No comments: