Thursday, May 28, 2009

I don't know if you kids knew..

But Phoenix were a band before two thousand and nine.
A fellow blogger and I were discussing over a beer at the Yves Klein Blue listening party last night that it's been some time since a band has experienced such a solid comeback..
It's like they're fucking brand new..
I mean Phoenix are being welcomed in the way Axle had of hoped, but alas epically failed...
It's kind of like when Tegan and Sara released 'The Con'.. the girls, they flocked and were like..twisting hair calling it a debut..

Cool, but weird.. just sayin'..

4 comments:

tillerman said...

word.

Anonymous said...

This is not unusual. Sia? Kings Of Leon? Even a band like The Kills aren't new. Or My Morning Jacket.

Just sayin.

Samantha said...

Though it's just another fad, it's just a case of an unusual comeback. These bands don't so much go away, but make a record that receives an exceptional amount of airplay thus creating a new fan base who hail them like the next big thing. It's hardly their debut nor break through?
Everyone I speak to from the people who I go to gigs with to people who liked Chris Brown six months ago are asking me if I "Like soooo got Phoenix tickets?!".
Spare me.

Anonymous said...

Kings of leon were ruined by the same kind of ppl.