Wednesday, November 10, 2010

If You Believe.

There are just some bands I believe in and I like to put all my energy into them until everyone I know has given them a spin. I've done it with Papa VS Pretty and Parades who are now busy crafting and delivering records and I'm still doing it with Cameras. These three local Sydney acts captivated me years ago and I am yet to lose interest as they continue to not only wow me but make a difference in the Aussie music scene.

Cameras just recently played here in Melbourne and despite the large amount of rookie errors that come along with having your guitar smashed up by Qantas, the trio + bass stand-in put on a perfect southern show. The soulful Sydney kids were here to promote their perfectly crafted debut E.P which is available NOW through all decent digital retailers.

However I've left you a sample of my favourite track off of this perfect six song package and it's a track titled 'Break/Hands'. It's honestly one of the most beautifully sung tracks I've come across the last few months. It's soulful in a sense of morose bliss but incredibly infectious. Check it out here. Girl can sing.

Also, it's not just my eye that's been caught by devilishly talented Cameras, there are a lot of international whispers and a few rumblings in the festival underground. Stay posted!

No comments: