Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oxford Art Factory Do Bird Automatic!


Cool! So people who claim the Sydney music scene is dead, can go punch it.
I saw these dudes at The Hopetoun once or twice at the beginning of the year, pretty small scene, not much fuss but pretty rad all the same. Anyhow, after heavily committing to the gig circuit these guys are running Oxford Arts tonight and are deserving of the fine stage.
I know, could I talk about OAF anymore? Well last night I had this dream it closed down and a place called Chadstick opened up instead, not happy. One of those dreams you wake up all in a sweat, or you're just really dramatic like me.
Anyway these guys are good, pretty good. Just easy rock 'n' roll, nothing too full on, over the top, or "wannabee" scene. They just write good music and perform it with ease. Also copping a little bit of air time on Tripe J so I can smell something amounting from this quality EP. There is still room to wriggle through these days, you just have to work the people.

So how do you get there?
RSVP your names to this bad boy, and I hear whispers they're on at 11pm.
I can't go due to domestic duties so please, if you go, feed me the reviews.
rsvp@whothehell.net
&&&
Check out the tunes here, my fave is Can't Sleep, so give it a spin. Cattccchhhyy

No comments: