Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Waysiders = Rad.

Like most, I believe that the grunge movement is dead.
However, for the first time in a really long time, I heard something not unlike the droned sounds of an early Sonic Youth in a garage, or Blur playing for their High School assembly. Unpolished, under rehearsed, pure rhythmic angst with a drearily happy undertone.
I am in love.
The boys are from Sydney from what I can tell and there is little on or about them. They made their fine little way onto my radar performing at Social Killers Club at Plantation last Saturday night. I was standing in the line after having the life sucked out of me by the awful, awful Tank nightclub ... God I hate that place. Anyway, where was I? Right, I am standing in the bar line desperately awaiting alcohol when it hit me.. I wish I knew the track names and I wish could remember their story, but they're still such a mystery.
I honestly smell an obsession. Beware.

Check the lads out at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=77892395 - they don't have an official link :( sorry guys.

And if you want to see the magic for yourself check them out here;
10 Oct 2008 10:00 P
MUM @ world bar Sydney, New South Wales

No comments: