Monday, November 17, 2008

If I were an alternate DJ for one set.

Okay, so I know nothing about getting a room pumping, but all I do know is what gets me off in a club.
Mostly undanceable tracks, and more sitting back sipping songs for me to just be like "ooh I like this one"..

Just so you know, I am so unqualified at this, I cleared the d-floor in Q Bar this Friday by requesting a Smiths song.. boourns.

If I were a DJ..

Idioteque - Radiohead
How Soon Is Now - The Smiths
Wash The Day Away - TVONTR
Kool Thing - Sonic Youth
Burn My Shadow - Unkle
Obstacle 1 - Interpol
Operate - Peaches
Laika - Arcade Fire
Gravel Pit - Wu-Tang Clan
Shove Your Hope - Santogold
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
Right Here Right Now - Fat Boy Slim
Coffee and T.V - Blur

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your set list would only really suit the musical tastes of you and a selected few. it's way to diverse. for an alternative dj set at a party/club/pub you need to keep the songs of similar genere.

if i were an alternative dj i'd would play half dancy indie music-the rakes, the wombats, the rapture, the strokes, franz ferdinand, albert hammond jr., vampire weekend.

the sort of music you know or if you don't know can instantly enjoy, can get shit faced to and when you are shit faced sing/dance to.

not saying my ideas are right, or better then yours. just ideas.

Samantha said...

Definitely worthy :)

I'd be down.
I'm so selfish with my funeral music haha.

x

Anonymous said...

Yo Sam!
First time reader, one time neighbour here, i think id enjoy sitting around staring at the botom of an empty glass contemplating life within the dregs of the melting ice whilst listening to your 'Funeral music'.
Ive always wanted to do a Dj set with a similiar feel, a few tracks id use;

The Pixies - Im Amazed
The White Stripes - Black Math
Buzzcocks - Autonomy
Devo - Mongoloid
Gary Numan - Cars
David Bowie - Always crashing the same car
Television - Friction
Echo & the Bunnymen - Crocodiles
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks - Dark Wave
Les Savy Fav - No Sleeves