Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Now it's time for all things nice! PARADES.



A few months ago I spawned this little blogging machine and my first post was all about my favourite Sydney Indie band Parades!

At the time of print, the alternative group had just lost their magical, capricious female counterpart in a move best for the bands direction. At the time I was worried Parades might lose their niche and became increasingly stalkerish in attempt to gain details of a reformed line-up.

Sneaky Parades quietly surfaced with a female stand-in at the Jebediah concert at The Annandale in September, though unfortunately the shoe didn't fit and the the unlucky hopeful was sent packing. Not today disco lady.

Shortly after, a lovely young lass was plucked from Sydney's musical obscurity and with no more than a months practice Oriana De Luca was thrusted upon our feasting ears and eyes in a very intimate gig at Sydney's Spectrum.

It's safe to say I am their harshest (annoying) critic (apart from the band themselves and it's only out of love) and to be honest, I wasn't feeling the new addition. I probably jumped the gun too quick and maybe it was that I felt a loyal affection to the previous co-vocalist. As the gig progressed, Oriana became more and more comfortable on stage, her harmonies slipping into Daniel's and Parades began to form and come together like a perfectly constructed puzzle.

Still in love, I haul ass to Q Bar before 11pm (fright) a Friday or two ago to pledge my support and bring along some new ears, fellow blogger http://reel-around-the-fountain.blogspot.com/. Although I was almost too drunk to stand (I was actually requested by miss Reel to eat something) Oriana tore it apart and everything was perfect!
Co-voaclist and music extraordinaire Daniel, always the showman actually performed his drumming solo amongst the crowd in the middle of the floor! My jaw hit the sticky floor quicker than a teenage girls panties at a Jonas Brothers concert. Unbelievable.

Only getting better man, trust me, catch these guys it's too good to miss, even Triple J thinks so, putting the Spotlight on them for their famed comp Unearthed. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! So rate them here, def worth it!
http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Artists/View.aspx?artistid=19421

And for you Coast people, I'm bringing them to you for Tubes 4 Googs this January so fear not.

http://www.myspace.com/parades


27 Dec 2008 8:00 P
The Hopetoun Sydney, New South Wales
30 Dec 2008 8:00 P
Peats Ridge Festival w/ Pivot, Firekites, The Devoted Few, Sparkadia, + 195 more Central Coast, New


South Wales

Also check out www.t4g.com.au for line up info on the event including PARADES!


p e a c e.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeahhh man i fully made you dinner. it was still in my fridge yesterday. had to chuck it. a little gross.

ps. i sense that your jonas bros panty dropping is a reflection on me

haha

i'm sure i'm not the only one. maybe just the only one over the age of 15.