Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I Like To Eat For Breakfast, My Words.

So, last night as the clock leaned towards a new day, Big Day Out fans nationwide awaited anxiously for the summer festival's 2011 line-up. Me, well I'd had too much Coca Cola before bed and I suppose I was a little bit curious, so I sat back, sipped the the carbonated soda I should not have consumed and watched my facebook explode.
I think my favourite part is watching every one's status update lurch into glee or scream bloody murder at BDO organisers. You can tell which type of people are going to be pleased, and those who simply don't get it. A lovely young lady asked me who Iggy Pop was, I couldn't even respond.

So, I could list you the whole line-up but you can catch it all at www.bigdayout.com but man, I am probably going to go. Iggy Pop & The Stooges, Grinderman, Rammstein, Primal Scream, Tool, I mean holy shit. My little inner punk-metal mistress is losing her shit. Not to say that I'm not looking forward to more Boiler Room associates such as LCD Soundsystem (which they claim is their last shows) and Crystal Castles. I'm also pleased to see Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes on the bill but the one thing missing and making me cry is Arcade Fire. Wants.

I don't know. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Shamose said...

It feels like just yesterday all three headliners were here for BDO

But I may go just for Tool

I like how none of the rumors (blink, arcade fire, soundgarden) were correct. just goes how much trust to have over "my mates inside source"

PS. Reading for a few weeks, first comment. love your blog :)

Samantha said...

Oh, I know! I missed Tool last time due to careless party behaviour, so I won't be making that mistake again!
Thanks a lot for following, may I ask where you picked us up from?

Peace.

Shamose said...

I saw tool but I was pretty partied out from the combined effects of beer and being almost squashed to death front row at Muse...very much worth it though
So I watched Tool from the grass, my memory of the show is rather hazy

I think I first found this place about 3 weeks ago. I was making a list of songs I like to listen to when angry and googled "songs to vent to" turns out you had a similar list last year some time.

From memory two of our venting songs matched Hysteria-Muse and Mona Lisa Overdrive-British india

Deoxymoron said...

I saw tool but I was pretty partied out from the combined effects of beer and being almost squashed to death front row at Muse...very much worth it though
So I watched Tool from the grass, my memory of the show is rather hazy

I think I first found this place about 3 weeks ago. I was making a list of songs I like to listen to when angry and googled "songs to vent to" turns out you had a similar list last year some time.

From memory two of our venting songs matched Hysteria-Muse and Mona Lisa Overdrive-British india