Monday, October 11, 2010

Copy Cats.

Is it just me being suspicious or does it somehow seem like the Laneway organisers are in bed with the Splendour guys? Twice now both festivals have borrowed from one anothers previous line-ups. This year Laneway boasted Florence and the Machine and Mumford & Sons, only for the two acts to reappear on the Splendour bill just a few months later.
Today St Jermome's Laneway Festival released their bill for the 2011 tour only to mention FOALS and Two Door Cinema Club who had just played Spendour. This isn't uncommon for local acts, but I just found it a little funny for these successful international bands to revisit our wonderful shores again so soon. Tit for tat? Same booking guy? I dunno. Either way, I'm still pretty pleased because I get to see FOALS as I missed them on their last visit. Celebration.

Check out the full line-up at www.lanewayfestival.com.au/.

No comments: