Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just sayin'..


















Like everybody else I have been bandwagon to this American duos infectious tunes. Like everybody else bar a spare few, I missed out on tickets for their Enmore Show ( since moved to Hordern Pavillion - tickets on sale September 5th). Oh, and you will find me attempting purchase again.
Yes, the sound is a great fusion of electro "fun time tracks" like 'Kids' and just catchy tunes like 'Weekend Wars'. But is it overkill?
Almost everyone I know answers their phones to the tune of 'Electric Feel' and it seems its on high rotation on every radio station. Now success is a funny thing, much over exposure could be the end of you, take Sneaky Sound System for example. When I hear her voice my brain automatically shuns it to the "ugh" pile. I am sick of them, and it would take a killer track and maybe a lot of drugs to get me to dance to it.
Like everyone else, I love MGMT (The Management) but I don't see it lasting with this much attention, if I am not already bored of them in December then the show will be killer. Lets hope for the best yeah?

No comments: