Saturday, August 30, 2008

Papa VS Pretty - almost as intense as camping?











Okay, so if you know me personally, you'd know I am in some serious cradle snatching lust with this little under 18's indie piece.
I first saw them at The Hopetoun as part of The Homebake Incentive program. This is basically a competition run to play at Homebake as an unsigned local band. It goes on every Monday, it's pretty rad. But back to the band at hand.
I'm captivated by them, mainly the multi talented Thomas Rawle who runs vocals guitars and synths. Belting out killer original tunes and they also did justice to the often covered Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart. There is a funny story behind it. As they really made the song their own, I turned to a fellow blogger and friend, then stated "Hmm, kind of sounds like Joy Division, but it's good"... He just glared at me and then on came the chorus. I went and had another beer and tried to forget my faux pas.
This kid will be famous. Mark blogging words. You have to see it to know what I mean, but Rawle is the frontman the indie scene are craving. So, pretty intense.

Check em out?
12 Sep 2008 8:00 P
FBI’s B’BASH @ World Bar w/The Grates, Yves Klien Blue, SPOD + More Sydney
18 Sep 2008 8:00 P
CLUB 77 (wth Sea Slugs) Sydney, New South Wales
19 Sep 2008 8:00 P
Sosueme @ Q-Bar Sydney, New South Wales
5 Oct 2008 12:00 P
PARKLIFE (Kippax Lake, Moore Park) + Goldfrapp/Soulwax/Peaches/Dizzie Rascal Sydney, New South Wales
5 Oct 2008 6:00 P
The Annandale-Alternative Music Awards Sydney, New South Wales
7 Dec 2008 8:00 P
MCA (genration next) Finale Sydney, New South Wales

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rawle