Saturday, August 30, 2008

Parades!












For my first post, I am pleased to be writing about this talented now four piece Sydney indie ensemble.
Sydney born and bread, these four boys, now sans their whimsical female vocals for now have been a building force. Each show as impromptu and impressive as the last, their soft washes of instrumental and contrast between vocals take you to place of utter musical endearment.
Most will liken their sounds to the tunes of Radiohead, this may have been influenced by the covers they have performed live at The Hopetoun (Surry Hills).
The last time I saw them was between acts The Small Hours And Dappled Cities at an Annandale show in June. It seems everyone is beating drums erratically these days but watching the pure energy in the song claimed to be written that afternoon, I was eating my own words in regards to this pet hate.
As enchanting as they are, I do hope they recruit a new female vocal before they start playing more shows. Though I think they'll impress no matter what, it seems to be their niche and what makes them sound different to every other indie band with a Myspace page.

So far, the only gig listed is at The Annandale this Friday the 5th of September playing alongside Jebediah which is unfortunately sold out to my dismay.

Check out the tunes @ www.myspace.com/parades

No comments: